Friday, December 16, 2016

Maja Is All About Christmas

Good morning, Blue Fern Studios friends, welcome to the blog today!

Christmas is just a week ahead and Blue Fern Studios has two fabulous Christmas collections, so my today's post is filled with Christmas-themed projects :-)
Let's begin with a Vintage Christmas 2 layout:


I just love the colour combo of this latest collection! Coral pink and mint perfectly match the traditional red, white and green in a fresh,cheerful palette. And plaid is one of my all-time favourite patterns, so I built my composition on the "back" side of the Jolly paper. I added strips of papers on the upper edge of the page and the title word directly on the photo:


I used journaling cards to mat my photo, and then added Christmas Toys and Winter Page Dangles chipboard pieces. I embossed the bauble with Icicle and the heart dangle with Pretty in Pink and Golden Bricks eps.


Here's a little trick: if you heat up the Sea Mist powder a little longer, the colour gets pushed off the edges and a white core begins to show - and you get a nice double tone effect on your piece :-) That's what I did with the Holiday Vine piece, and then added a couple of crystals for some bling. I also used epoxy crystal stickers to make some custom buttons using images from the Tree Trimmings:


I only needed to add the flower cluster with Christmas Blooms and jingle bells :-)



Joy:
Papers: Vintage Christmas 2: Jolly, Tree Trimmings, Twas the Night, Holiday Cards
Chipboard: Holiday Vine, Tree Toys, Winter Page Dangles, Chunky Words
Flowers: Christmas Blooms
EP: Sea Mist, Icicle, In the Pink, Golden Bricks

BFS papers are great for cardmaking too! And here are Christmas cards I made using the Vintage Christmas 2 papers:


Each card features a chipboard piece. Here are the baubles from the Tree Toys set, embossed with 14 Karat ep and matted with mint paper pieces:


In this card I used the Dangled Flake as a frame for the stamped sentiment. The chipboard piece is embossed with Icicle and decorated with small flowers:


And this card presents the gorgeous Frosty Flake piece that I embossed with my custom-made mint tinsel (Icicle, Snow and Sea Mist mixture):



Christmas Cards:
Papers: Vintage Christmas 2: Jolly, Holiday Treats, Holiday Cards, Let It Snow, Twas the Night
Chipboard: Dangled Flake, Tree Toys, Frosty Flake
Flowers: Christmas Blooms
EP: 14 Karat, Icicle, Icicle+Snow+Sea Mist

And finally the layout for which I returned to the original Vintage Christmas collection:


I knew I would want to use the Magical sheet for the layout background the moment I opened the DT box :-)) It's so easy to build up a design with it, I didn't even feel the need to use other papers, just matted the photos with two sides of the Deck the Halls sheet.



For the title I used the Holly Jolly Christmas piece painted with white gesso:


I used two Winter Page Dangles to create a vertical divider on the page. I embossed the star with Ginger and the snowflake with Frozen eps. Then I added some Christmas Blooms, die cut snowflakes and crystal twogs to decorate the photos:



It's a Holly Jolly Christmas:
Papers: Vintage Christmas: Magical, Deck the Halls
Chipboard: Holly Jolly Christmas, Winter Page Dangles
Flowers: Christmas Blooms
EP: Frozen, Ginger

And now it's time to say good bye, as my term on the Blue Fern Studios DT comes to an end. It's been an honour and privilege to work with these great products and share my projects here with you. Thank you, BFS, for this opportunity, and thank you, dear blog visitors, for your visits and comments. See you around!
Maja Nowak

No comments:

Post a Comment