Sunday, December 11, 2016

Farewell 'Christmas' Projects
by Nicole Doiron


What a bittersweet post this is for me, as after a year of being on this wonderful team,
this is my last post as DT member on the Blue Fern Studios blog.
Through the year, I have been blessed with wonderful scrappy friends,
fabulous quality products from generous owner Leslie and inspiration galore.
I am forever grateful of having been given this amazing opportunity
and will forever hold a special place in my heart for Blue Fern Studios.

***

I've got 3 projects featuring the very festive 
Vintage Christmas collections 1 & 2.


The Vintage Christmas collections not only offer beautiful Christmas patterns, 
but also include lots of papers that are perfect for Winter-themed layouts like this plaid print.  



To go along with it, I chose several Winter chipboard pieces including the Snow Medley board, covered in Snow embossing powder with a touch of glitter dust, and these adorable mittens from the Cozy Christmas set on which I used It's a Girl and Blue Sky. 


You see below the Dangled Flake piece which I cut in half as I wanted to save some of it 
for another project. I added several flowers from the new kits, Christmas Blooms 
and Soft Blossoms.  I sprinkled lots of silver microbeads throughout my page.


I chose A Wonderful Life, covered in Snow, as the title to which I added the word Cozy 
which I 'stole' from the Cozy Christmas piece, as that is exactly the word that comes to mind
 when I look at this picture of Yves and I cozying up to each other 
for a selfie during a Winter stroll.


Blue Fern Studios products used:


Patterned Papers: Vintage Christmas 1 (Greeting Cards); 
Vintage Christmas 2 (Let It Snow, 'Twas the Night, Holiday Cards)
Chipboard: A Wonderful Life, Snow Medley, Cozy Christmas, Dangled Flake
Flowers: Christmas Blooms, Soft Blossoms
Imagine Ink: Embossing Powders (Snow, Blue Sky, It's a Girl)

***

My next project is another layout, this time documenting a very special Christmas wish.


Before I met Yves, I had spent many a Holiday season surrounded by family and friends, but still somewhat lonely, wishing for true love, the kind of love that lasts a lifetime. My wish came true in 2006 and, since then, I get to spend every Christmas with my life partner, my soulmate, my best friend.  This picture was taken on Christmas eve a couple years ago. That is why I chose the title 'Twas the Night Before Christmas as the title, on which I used the new Santa's Suit embossing powder.  It's red and glittery and perfect for any Christmas project!


On my background, I used the Weathered Doilies stamp with the Ebony powder.
I added Holly Springs, covered with Sage and Santa's Suit, to my flower cluster and 
bits of Mixed Chains, covered in 14Karat, along the top and bottom of my picture.




Here you see a piece of the Holiday Vine, all decorated in gold.


And a final close-up of my Christmas wish come true!


Blue Fern Studios products used:


Patterned Papers: Vintage Christmas 1 (Magical, Greeting Cards)
Vintage Christmas 2 ('Twas the Night, Jolly)
Chipboard: 'Twas the Night Before Christmas, Holiday Vine, Holly Sprigs, Mixed Chains
Flowers: Christmas Blooms, Soft Blossoms
Stamp: Weathered Doilies
Imagine Ink: Embossing Powders (14Karat, Ebony, Santa's Suit, Sage)

***

I realize this has turned out to be quite a long post, but bare with me please... it is my last! :)

And speaking of last, this is my last DT project... a trio of Christmas cards.



What is great about the Vintage Christmas Greeting Cards and Holiday Cards papers 
is that they are full of beautiful journaling cards and images, perfect for card making.


On this card, I used the Holiday vine and some Holly Sprigs chippies.


I also took a cream flower from the Soft Blossoms and turned it red using
the Santa's Suit embossing powder.


On Card 2, you can see the leftover Dangled Flake from my Winter page above.


These little leaves are the negative pieces from the Holly Sprigs.


I love all the beautiful vintage imagery from these papers.


Card 3 is set up on a misted and stenciled background.


You can see here that I added red gems on the Holly Sprigs.  The leaves were treated with Clover embossing powder and then dabbed with white paint for my signature white washing.


I cut a side of the Stars & Berries Frame, covered it in Snow embossing powder and
added a touch of the new Vintage Gold glitter on the stars.


Blue Fern Studios products used:


Patterned Papers: Vintage Christmas 1 (Wonderland, Magical, Greeting Cards)
Vintage Christmas 2 ('Twas the Night, Holiday Cards)
Chipboard: Holiday Vine, Holly Sprigs, Dangled Flake, 
Stars & Berries Frame, Leafy Page Accents
Flowers: Christmas Blooms, Soft Blossoms
Imagine Ink: Embossing Powder (Santa's Suit, Snow, Clover, 14Karat), Glitter (Vintage Gold)

Thank you for all your support this last year!
It was a pleasure creating for you all!
~ Nicole ~

1 comment: