Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Christmas inspiration by Karolina

I defenitely prefer to say "hello" than "goodbye", but it's time to move on. It's my last post on BFS blog, but I'm sure it's not my last projects with BFS products!  I'm really thankful for the opportunity to be a part of this amazing DT. Thank you girls for everything! You are totally unique!

Today I would like to show you my 2 projects (one of them with mini tutorial) with gorgeous Vintage Christmas collections.

Calm

Let's start from the layout. What I love most in these collections is their versatility. You can prepare very traditional project with these papers as also more delicate and sweet, like my layout. When I look at this page I thinking about peppermint candies and candy canes, but also about something warm and cozy. I really like a combo of colours. 









Papers: Vintage Christmas 2 - Holiday Treats, Let it snow, Jolly, 'Twas the night;  Vintage Christmas - Greeting Cards, 
Embossing powder: Snow
Glitter: vintage gold
Chipboard: Serenity, Calm, Hushed, Seeing Stars

Magic and Wonder

My second project it's a Christmas canvas.  I prepared a little photo-tutorial for you.

I started from cover my canvas using old book pages. I'm pretty sure I said it few times, but I really love this effect. 


Next I cut some holly leaves and branches to make a wreath. I also cut a hoop from the common cardboard with scissors to have a shape of my wreath. It doesn't have to be perfect. it's only the skeleton of our construction and it will be unvisible. Then we can start to build our wreath.



We also need  two stripes of paper. We can make it look older using blending tool and the paper knife. We can also use stencil and modeling paste to make our background more interesting.


Next we need to prepare our chipboards. I have used copper and ginger embossing powders to colour them and I put gold glitter on a frame. Then I used a cardboard to make a distance between layers. 


And that's all! Now we need put everything together and add some extra embellishments. I made a snow paste with modeling paste, powder and gel medium.

And here is a result:






Papers: Vintage Christmas 2 - Greeting Cards, 'Twas the night;  Vintage Christmas - Magical, Deck the Halls
Embossing powder: Copper, Ginger
Glitter: vintage gold
Chipboard: Framed Winter Words, Winter Deer, Seaside Lanterns

So that's all. I wish you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! :)







No comments:

Post a Comment