Thursday, April 14, 2016

Mixed media Wedding canvas and a layout with video by Wilma.

One of my sons will marry his girlfriend in June.
Not a big wedding with white dress and all....
We just have a nice day high up on the alp where they are living in summer with the animals.
Swiss music , food and the cows .... :)


To remember the day I made them a 11x14 mixed media canvas.
It takes another 6 weeks until they get married , so I had to use a Pinterest picture for now :) 
Offcourse I will add their own picture to the canvas.

I started by adding gesso, very rough so I had some texture .
Than I painted Spring blossom , not too exact, it is just a background.
Than I cut out flowers from a old curtain I bought for 50 cents at the driftstore .
You know the thin curtains most old paople have.....
They are great for texture or cutouts like the white flowers here.

Some green tule (driftstore too ) and a few little flowers.
I had this chipboard piece for some time and this was a great opportunity to use it.


The Gazebo piece is stippled with gesso.
After it dryed I mixed gesso and lime paint to get a soft color.
I sprenkled it over the whole canvas including the chipboard and than washed it out random.
This way I keep some white which makes it more interessting for me.

I also used the berry stems , did the same, but keep the paint a little darker .
I added it with a little paintbrush, random again.
********



For my second project I made a mixed media layout.
In the video you will see how I sometimes change my mind during the process...


The chipboard pieces are both embossed .
I used the Chelsea Vines and Butterfly friends
Embossingpowder colors : Verdant and garnet



The titel is stippled with gesso...



Papers I used are from the Ombre dream and Frolic collection.

If you like you can watch my video here, hope you will like it...





Thanks for watching my April post
x Wilma x







7 comments:

  1. Stunning work Wilma I love your style! You really rock these papers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greek God Muscle Building Program Review

    If I had to choose just one weight training exercise that builds overall lean muscle mass and increases strength, it would have to be squats. But its important to learn how to squat correctly.

    http://publishvaultreviews.com/greek-god-muscle-building-program-review/

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://ohhellogeelong.com/winning-information-network-review/

    Binary options trading are cash settled options where the payoff is exercised on the expiration date of the trade. This means, that if one on the expiration the options are within the set limit, the trader of the options receives a specified amount that has been pre-decided.

    http://autobinarysignalssoftwarereviews.com/safe-income-inc-review/

    ReplyDelete
  4. i just say Stunning work Wilma I love the style alot! You really rock
    dubai wedding videographer

    ReplyDelete