Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Ombre Dreams by Kim Price



Hello everyone! I'm so happy to be back sharing a few of my latest creations for Blue Fern Studios after my short break.

Today I want to share a few projects I have created using the Ombre Dreams collection along with some amazing chipboard shapes and sentiments.








I just love the combination of blue and yellow and for my first project today I've used these colors together for a soft romantic look. I've used a much treasured photograph of my youngest daughter when she was a little girl along with the "adore" sentiment from the Adore, Love, Cherish pack as my title. To decorate this piece I have simply applied a coat of gesso prior to applying a watercolor wash, then simply outlined each letter using a fine permanent marker to make it stand out from the rest of the layout.


I've layered together Jasmine Collage, a stem from the Pretty Weeds pack and Notebook Edges - all decorated with watercolors for that soft, subtle finish.


Combine these with Ginger's Dream and Susan's Dream patterned papers from the Ombre Dreams collection and the result is a lovely romantic layout.







Products used: Blue Fern Studios paper collection: Ombre Dreams Ginger's Dream and Susan's Dream patterned papers
Blue Fern Studios chipboard: Adore, Love, Cherish pack, Jasmine Collage, Pretty Weeds and Notebook Edges.




For my second project today I chosen to go with the pink shades again from Ombre Dreams.

I've used Ombre Dreams Shannon's Dream patterned paper as the base to my layout and featuring the small Circle Flourish chipboard. I've colored this piece using watercolors to coordinate with the color scheme in my project, adding lots of paper flowers to really set that frame off.

The final touch to this project is my title Angel Eyes found in the Spiritually Speaking pack.









Here's a closer look at the watercolor effect on my chipboard title I've been loving to use so much lately.










...and a closer look at the flourish detail as well.







Blue Fern Studios patterned papers: Ombre Dreams Shannon's Dream
Blue Fern Studios chipboard: Circle Flourish small, Spiritually Speaking


Thanks for calling in to the blog today, I hope you find some inspiration in my August projects!

-Kim


1 comment:

  1. wow Kim .. these are just magnificent .. love your style ... unique and beautiful x

    ReplyDelete