Thursday, June 18, 2015

Mixed media- with Keren Tamir


Hello Everyone, Its Keren here with two new projects for the Blue Fern Studios blog.

I really love experimenting with Mixed Media Products.
It has become my passion and so today I'm showcasing two different projects heavily based on mixed media using many different Blue Fern Studios chipboard pieces

First up is a 6x6 Shadow Box Frame Butterfly Canvas.


The whole canvas was inverted and framed with the Chelsea Frame. The frame was embossed in blue embossing powder and then dabbed with silver acrylic paint.


The centre of the canvas was filled with blue and silver glass beads. Then I glued a piece of the Turkish bits chipboard on the background.  Finally i used two butterflies from the Gabrielle butterfly set. All three pieces were embossed in either blue, silver or white respectively.


<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

My Second project today is a Steampunk 8x10 Mixed Media Canvas using different mechanical looking chipboard pieces and a real light bulb.

Its called 
"Let there be light"



I glued many different mechanical chipboard pieces like the cogs and gears, the light bulbs, the industrial corner, the working parts and some of the moving parts chipboard pieces. 


They were all covered in black gesso and then painted on top with different metallic paints.


The final touch was adding a real light bulb from my house. We recently changed a few of our light bulbs inside our home and so I've been using them in many of my projects. I figure its better to recycle them than throw them away.


Thank you so much for visiting the Blue Fern Studios blog
have a fantastic day!!!

Keren

No comments:

Post a Comment