Tuesday, October 7, 2014

a card, a mini album and a trifold pocket album created by Lisa Gregory

For my first project I created a card that is shaped like a tag. It was easy to create the folded shape. I folded a rectangular piece of white 100lb card stock  and ran it through my Sizzix alterations die placing the fold of the card on the  inside of the die as not to cut 1 side, leaving the fold intact. Then I die cut 2 pieces of patterned paper Ombre Dreams Paper Leslies Dream, and adhered it to the front and back of the card. I left the inside plain white for some handwriting.


I used the fabulous  Fall acorns and  Bits Of Honey on my card. I painted the corns with acrylic paint then spread some crackle paint over it to enhance the colors. I just sprayed the bits of honey with Lindys Stamp gang spray after priming them with gesso.


Here is view of the back of the card when it is open. I strung some seam binding through the front hole in the card,. I spayed the seam binging with Lindys Starburst spray in My Mojito Green to match the die cut leaves on the front of the card.


For my next project I created another mini album in a different style. I used  the Montage Paper Collection using the Wisdom and Fairyland papers..


On the cover I used the smaller piece from the Roman Clock Set Large. The butterfly is from the Royal Monarchs collection. I inked both pieces with Ranger distress ink in Vintage Photo.

 I used the Roman Clock Set small on the right hand page, On the left hand page, I used a left over piece from one of the original Blue Fern Studios designs. I save everything! It makes a great frame. 


I created a tag with the flower on top and a small key from the Vintage Keys set.


This is just a closeup of the cover. The jeweled piece is a Recollection flower piece and I used burlap and some flower buds tucked underneath.


This is the album closed with twine that I adorned with some beads.


This is the view of the inside of the back cover. I love the pattern on the paper and did not want to cover it up.


My next project is a trifold pocket album. I followed a pattern from a Kathy Orton book on mini albums. I used the  Montage Paper Collection, using the Wisdom and Fairyland papers.Sometimes mixing and matching  chipboard pieces from different collections can match perfectly. That is what I did here. I used  Manor Hinges  and  Damask Flourish to create the design on my cover. I painted them with black gesso.


I added a jeweled brad  to complete the look.


When you open the album, you can see there is plenty of room for pictures and journaling. The waterfall feature can hold many photo's.


This is a view of the back of the trifold. I used black cardstock for the base. I love the black and pink color combination together.


This is the  Damask Flourish  shown on its own.


Here are the little folders and tag cards shown, pulled out of their pockets. Each one opens up to add more photos or journaling.

Thank You for joining me this week. I look forward to creating with more of the gorgeous Blue Fern Studios papers and chip board. Until next time...
xoxo
Lisa

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and albums. Love the chipboard pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning projects!! The mini album is so beautiful, like it a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have amazing talent, the projects are just lovely!

    ReplyDelete