Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Pink and More Pink with Patter

Okay, so pink is my favorite color. For today's inspiration, I decided to go with a pink theme. Let's look at what I've created.

Pink
I love this quote"You can never have too much pink." So, I decided to use that on my art journal page for today. I first started with a lot of Blue Fern Garden paper scraps. I, of course, chose mostly the pink scraps. I then layered them on the page with other scraps of paper. Here is a photo of what the page looked like when I started and layered on the Blue Fern Garden scraps. Sorry for the dark photo.

And here is how the art journaling page turned out:

I used Blooming Flourish chipboard pieces and painted them with different colors of acrylic paint. I also added the chipboard to the page before adding paint splatters so that the chipboard pieces would also got some white and black splatters on them.


Blue Fern Studios products used:
Blue Fern Garden papers
Blooming Flourish chipboard

Hello
For this card, I decided to stick with the pink theme. I used the Blue Fern Garden Calling Cards paper. I started by using my Gelli Plate with acrylic paint to add some more color. Then I embossed the same piece of paper after it had dried. After that, I began layering the paper and embellishments to finish the card.

The chipboard piece I used is called Jeweled Trinkets. I covered it in pink acrylic paint. Then I added a layer of texture paint to the bow portion of the chipboard to set it off a bit.
Blue Fern Studios products used:
Blue Fern Garden papers
Jeweled Trinkets chipboard

Celebrate
And I know this isn't pink but I wanted to share in detail the 8 1/2 x 11 layout I created for the July Sketch Challenge. This was one of my daughter's on her graduation day, and as you can imagine, she was excited. I used sketch as well as the new Blue Fern Studios paper line called Ombre Dreams.

The chipboard stars are new from Blue Fern  Studios, and they are called "Seeing Stars." I painted the stars with gesso and let them dry. Once dry, I painted with three LuminArte paint colorscool water, navajo pearl, and lime squeeze. I then let that dry, and lastly I stamped on top of the stars.

Blue Fern Studios products used:
Ombre Dreams Susan's Dream
Seeing Stars chipboard

And remember, there is still time to enter the July Sketch Challenge from Blue Fern Studios. Click here to see all of the challenge details as well as the wonderful prize package.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have been inspired to try some Blue Fern Studios products along with the color pink today. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment