Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Blog Hop Winner & Some Projects by Erin Blegen~!

Hey everybody! I hope you are all doing well- it's Erin Blegen here today to share with you a couple of projects I created for Blue Fern Studios this month, and I will also be revealing to you the WINNER of the Blue Fern Studios Blog Hop Prize...but of COURSE I'm going to make you wait until you get to the end of my post ;). But if you quick scroll down just to check if your name is there- I don't mind- I'd do the same ;)!!

So let's get started!

"My Joy" {canvas}
Not often do I get a photo of all 3 of my kids at the same time- so I just knew I needed to get this one scrapped. And when I received the beautiful "Country Picket Fence" piece, I had the perfect prop for my little scene.

I started out by creating my background with a bit of masking with texture and color. I then adhered the Country Picket Fence piece and since I wanted to create a snowy, wintery scene, I used a whole bunch of texture paste to create the "snowbank" in which the fence would sit. Some beads and glitter were added as well.

For my title, I used one of the chipboard words from the "Valentine's Word Set". After priming first with gesso, I sprayed it with some glimmer mist and used my finger to dab at it while it was still wet to create the uneven color you see here. 

Blue Fern Studios Chipboard Used:

Country Picket Fence {074561}
 
Valentine's Word Set {074646}

And I also have a card to share with you today:

"1"
 Some of you might know Kelly Foster- she's not only a member of the Blue Fern Studios team as well, but she's also my little sister :). In a couple of months here, her 2nd daughter Paisley will be turning a year old and I thought I might get ahead of the game and make her a 1st birthday card!

I used the "Natural Sprigs Set" to accent my flower clusters. Probably one of my favorite chipboard techniques is using my stamps to decorate them. After priming with gesso, use some ink and a favorite stamp to create a quick and easy coordinating embellishment for your project~!

Finally, I've used the adorable heart lock piece from the "Vintage Locks" set. I painted it white before covering with glossy accents and then adding microbeads and clear glitter.

Blue Fern Studios Chipboard Used:

Natural Sprigs Set {074639}

Vintage Locks {074783}

And that is all for me today!

But before I go- it's time to announce the winner of the beautiful blog hop prize offered by Blue Fern Studios:

Congrats to.................

RHONDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rhonda, please send us your mailing info to leslie@bluefernstudios.com within 7 days to claim your prize! Congrats to you and we hope you enjoy your new goodies!!!!

Have a wonderful day and I hope you all have a great Valentine's Day tomorrow!

6 comments:

  1. Congrats to our winner!!
    Erin, your projects are stunning and wonderfully textured and detailed, as always! I adore the kiddos on the fence, too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow congrats to Rhonda you lucky lady........and Erin I love your work xox Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to your winner. Both of your projects here are gorgeous Erin and do you know I really thought you only had two kids, its always nice to get them together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to the lucky winner and hugs to you, by the so lovely candy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Erin the snow effect you have achieved is fantastic! and your bead work is just so pretty. Love the tiles behind the silhouetted photo, a subtle hint of a house with a mum in a window looking out on kids frolicking in the snow. The Songbird collection has to be one of my all time faves, your layering and cluster is absolutely delightful! such a gorgeous card it is! xoxo

    ReplyDelete